Google
 
Web hellogaijin.blogspot.com

Friday, September 22, 2006

How do I make this JP Keyboard Work?

Grrrrr cant figure out how to backspace. Annoying JP keyboard. Now, what was i saying?
Kristin has gone back to America. Its just me and Taka now - and his parents. We were married on the 29th and it was a confusing day. Back and forth into the US consulate in Tokyo then to city hall in town but finally it was done! Kristin and Scott were our witnesses. We just got dressed up and then went out to eat at one of Taka's favorite restaurants.

Gas here costs 5.00 a gallon and tolls into the city are about 30.00 So it's a little expensive to go places. Taka took us to Asakusa temple in the heart of Tokyo, (oh add in parking fees) It was very crowded because there was festival happening. It was fun to walk around the shops and I had my favorite Kitsune Udon for lunch. I saw some guys cleaning the Asahi building. That looked like a scary job.

Asakusa Shrine

Asakusa Shrine

About Asakusa Shrine:

Asakusa Shrine (浅草神社, Asakusa Jinja) is a Shinto Shrine next to the temple Senso Jin in Asakusa, Tokyo. It is dedicated to the three men who established Senso-ji. Two of them, fishermen named Hinokuma Hamanari and Hinokuma Takenari, found a statue of the bosatu Kannon in the Sumida river in 628. The third, the village headman, Haji no Nakatomo, built the temple.
The shrine hosts many festivals, including the Sanja Matsuri, and is known for the Nakamise, a street of shops beginning inside the Kaminarimon gate.
Once a part of the Senso-ji, Asakusa Jinja became separate during the Meiji period. Many structures were destroyed during the fire bombings of Tokyo during WW2 so not much remains of the original. (some info from Wikipedia)

Now Back To Our Adventure:

I'm loving Japan. It's awesome. I love the food, the people, its really clean, there are funny signs everywhere like : flesh food* and the gas stations are amazing, they clean your whole car inside and out and they stop traffic so you can leave with no problems.

Taka s parents are really sweet, they have been super kind to me. I havent got my computer hooked up here, i have to use Taka s and it's in his parents bedroom so if they go to bed i'm
out of luck. We play darts with Taka's parents alot, partially because we don't know how to tell them we don't want to.

Kristin hanging out

I love buying postcards, i just sent a ton of them, it was fun. Being married is fantastic so far, i keep thinking, wierd - im a married now. Who da' thunk it?

Taka and I are video game addicts. We've been playing lots of fighting and RPG games. Taka gets impatient with me when i cant read the Japanese and mess up the game which is actually alot. He has been harping on me to learn Japanese. I suppose I should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home